The CLP has supported over 613 projects since the programme's inception in 1985. You can search our database of projects to learn more or use the map on our home page to explore where the CLP has supported projects.
2014 CLP Award Winners
In our 30th year of awarding project funding, CLP is delighted to announce the winners of the 2014 Team Conservation Awards!
This year many applicants received application support from a number of CLP Alumni Ambassadors - previous award-winners who offered guidance and mentoring to improve applicants' chance of funding. Competition was, as ever, tough and applications went through several review stages before the CLP Award Selection Committee selected 26 projects worth a total of $450,000 in 16 countries including, for the first time, the Caribbean Islands of Antigua & Barbuda.
In addition to project funding, all personnel from award-winning projects will become members of CLP’s Alumni Network whereby they can access additional resources, individual grants, training and mentoring opportunities and connect with other CLP award winners.
In June 2014, a member of each award-winning team will attend CLP's two-week Conservation Management & Leadership Training Workshop held in the Canadian Rockies where they will learn important skills in leadership, project planning, communications, behaviour change and other key topics. This is a truly unique opportunity for participants to share lessons and challenges with their peers and more seasoned experts. The course has been recognised as providing an important boost in developing the knowledge and career prospects of aspiring conservation leaders.
Future Conservationist Awards (up to $15,000)
- Conserving West Indian Whistling Duck on Antigua and Barbuda’s Offshore-Islands
- Preventing Extinction of the Critically Endangered Blue-Throated Macaw, Bolivia
- Unravelling the Occupancy Patterns of Guiana Dolphin in South-eastern Brazil
- Monitoring Harlequin Frogs in Sierra Nevada, Colombia
- Conserving Endangered Silvery-Brown Tamarin in Highly Degraded Forests, Colombia
- Conservation Status Assessment of Salamanders in Santander, Colombia
- Status Surveys of Focal Species in the Magdalena Medio, Colombia
- Promoting Local Participation in Habitat Conservation of Black-breasted Puffleg, Ecuador
- Conservation Beyond Breeding Grounds: Tracking Sociable Lapwing in Eritrea
- Conservation of Slender-Snouted Crocodile in the Lake Region of Gabon
- Baird´s Tapir Conservation in Nombre De Dios National Park, Honduras
- Tackling Invasive Alien Species in the Western Ghats Hotspot, India
- Conservation of Otter Habitat Through Stakeholder Participation, India
- Survey and Assessment of Threatened Trees in Western Ghats, India
- Effect of Landscape Change on Mammals in Eastern Ghats, India
- Assessing Extinction Risk of Kenya’s Exploited Coral Reef Fish
- Combining Research and Local Community Involvement to Save Lemur in Madagascar
- Conservation Assessment of Ibadan Malimbe in South-Western Nigeria
- River Dolphin Population Assessment in Yarinacocha Lagoon, Peru
- Protecting Horseshoe Bats of Romania
- Toward Sustainable Logging in São Tomé, São Tomé and Príncipe
Follow-up Awards ($25,000)
- Conserving Siberian Cranes in China Through Sustainable Water Management
- Promoting Conservation of Threatened Birds in Western Colombia
- Promoting Conservation Through Ecotourism and Education in Serra Do Urubu Important Bird Area, Brazil
- Conserving Livelihoods and Semnopithecus Ajax: Resolving Conflicts Around Khajiar-Kalatop Sanctuary-Chamba, India
Leadership Awards ($50,000)
- Dugongs for Life: Engaging Malagasy Communities in Marine Ecosystem Stewardship