As a direct result of CLP support, our alumni have accomplished some remarkable feats.
Many CLP alumni directly attribute the success of their work to the support that they have received from CLP over the years. The tangible results achieved with the help of CLP funding and capacity development activities include:
- contributing to conservation science. CLP alumni have discovered or rediscovered 130 species
- influencing the designation of 75 globally important sites for conservation
- laying the foundations for the establishment of 25 non-governmental organisations
Highlighted below are several case studies of particular success stories.
- Yufang Gao, 2008 CLP-WCS Intern, China - January 2015
- Roberta Kamille Pennell, 2012 CLP-FFI Intern, Belize - January 2015