Applying GIS and remote sensing in the South Gobi of Mongolia to support conservation interventions
This internship program included two main works such as GIS and remote sensing in the South Gobi of Mongolia.
- Learn how to develop and manage a database for a multi-project GIS program
- Learn how to create movement animations using Global Positioning System /GPS/ livestock tracking data
- Update an existing anthropogenic disturbance layer in the South Gobi for khulan habitat suitability analysis
- Identify remote sensing products used in time-series analysis of vegetation productivity in the South Gobi region
- Learn how to tell a conservation story using story maps
- Become a young leader and researcher on conservation for the future.